Picking a Movie

Tonight the boys couldn't agree on a movie to watch. Porter wanted 'Toy Story' Jackson wanted 'Star Wars.'

At first I thought I'd decide for them, by asking what movie they watched last time. It was Star Wars. I decided that the fair thing would be to watch Toy Story. Well, Jackson had a meltdown for that idea.

So my next idea was to tell them, since I have control, they have to decide between each other. And only when they decide - in a non fighting way - would I agree to playing the movie.

Jackson started the negotiations with, "Ok Porter. Toy Story is a long-time movie (long movie) and it's not fun. And it's boring. And it's not fun. Do you want to watch Star Wars?" Porter said, "no, I want Toy Story." Jackson had another meltdown. Porter jumped around very calmly, staying "Toy Story, Toy Story!"

This went on, but I didnt budge I told them they need to decide - together - before I'd start a movie.

Then Jackson had another idea. "Porter, what toys did mommy get you when you were sick... Star Wars or Toy Story?" Porter, "Star Wars Clone Wars". So, the next time you are sick mommy can get you Toy Story toys and we can watch Toy Story then." "Oh, I like Star Wars Clone Wars", Porter said. "You want to watch it Porter?"

"Yeah!"

I turned it on, then they crawled in bed to watch it. Jackson looked at me with a secret grin. I said "way to go Jackson" - my little lawyer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charts