Poem: Five Out the Door
Inspired from trying to get five kids out the door to go for a walk...
FIVE OUT THE DOOR
You have to wear socks,
I'll grab a few for you.
You can put on Crocs,
But those boots will do.
Why are you crying?
Please try not to fall.
Now we need jackets,
Or coats after all.
Grab something warmer,
It's pretty cold out there.
Why are you crying now?
You're boot's over there.
You still need a sock?
Don't go outside yet.
Put the dog in her crate.
Please don't forget.
Ok, what's wrong now?
Do you still want to go?!
Zip up your coat,
You're moving kinda slow.
Now we need hats,
Is this one too big?
To find your other shoe,
You might have to dig.
Zipped, hat, crocs, socks,
Go, but not too far.
Where's another hat?
Dog's out! She's in the car!
Get the dog in!
Where's your other shoe?
I'll help with the zipper,
You're ready number 2.
That hat will work fine,
you can't have a snack!
You can go outside now.
Eat when we get back.
Are you wearing a dress?
I'll grab some leggings.
Why are you crying?
Fine. Eat. No more begging.
Get on your hat,
Where'd the baby go?
Just one more sock,
You want a sucker? No.
I'll button you, zip him.
The dogs in her crate,
We're missing one sock,
Sigh... I guess we'll be late.
FIVE OUT THE DOOR
You have to wear socks,
I'll grab a few for you.
You can put on Crocs,
But those boots will do.
Why are you crying?
Please try not to fall.
Now we need jackets,
Or coats after all.
Grab something warmer,
It's pretty cold out there.
Why are you crying now?
You're boot's over there.
You still need a sock?
Don't go outside yet.
Put the dog in her crate.
Please don't forget.
Ok, what's wrong now?
Do you still want to go?!
Zip up your coat,
You're moving kinda slow.
Now we need hats,
Is this one too big?
To find your other shoe,
You might have to dig.
Zipped, hat, crocs, socks,
Go, but not too far.
Where's another hat?
Dog's out! She's in the car!
Get the dog in!
Where's your other shoe?
I'll help with the zipper,
You're ready number 2.
That hat will work fine,
you can't have a snack!
You can go outside now.
Eat when we get back.
Are you wearing a dress?
I'll grab some leggings.
Why are you crying?
Fine. Eat. No more begging.
Get on your hat,
Where'd the baby go?
Just one more sock,
You want a sucker? No.
I'll button you, zip him.
The dogs in her crate,
We're missing one sock,
Sigh... I guess we'll be late.
Comments