"Now I feel like I'm part of Big Walnut"...
...is what Jackson said after I took him and all the kids to McTeacher night. It was a fund raiser where Big Walnut teachers worked the counter. The line was out the door. And I first told them we were going through the drive through instead. But in protest, Jackson said, sadly, that he just wanted to do something that felt like he was "part if the school". So... I knew what I had to do: Drag 5 kids into a jam packed McDonalds. (Mom had teacher conference at her own school that night).

Kids waiting while I was in line... Forty minutes!



There's no pictures of it, but Copeland cried and cried scared of Ronald McDonald (clown). But then Ronald went back to the kitchen and stood about 10 feet back and asked her (as she was petrified) if she'd want a toy. She stopped crying and made a new friend!


Kids waiting while I was in line... Forty minutes!



There's no pictures of it, but Copeland cried and cried scared of Ronald McDonald (clown). But then Ronald went back to the kitchen and stood about 10 feet back and asked her (as she was petrified) if she'd want a toy. She stopped crying and made a new friend!

Comments