Picking a Tree
Today we went to a 'cut your own' tree farm close to home. We gathered all the boys and headed to the farm. Once we got there, we realized soon that most of the ... robust ... trees were gone. It looked like a series of Charlie Brown Trees.
Jackson was pretty excited about it. And, one tree in particular he really wanted. So much so that when Jenn and I passed it (as we could practically see right through it) Jackson yelled, 'No no guys! You can't go. Those trees are too small. That's the right one!'
We thought his meltdown was cute so we headed back. I had already conceded to go to another tree place. But, Jackson insisted...and Porter piled on. So, we took it.
I was able to carry it over my shoulder, barely needed two bungies on the car, and was worried the stand screws didnt twist in far enough to keep the twig up.
But, alas... after lights and ornaments, the tree was perfect. The boys really enjoyed turning off the lights and looking at it...Even if we can still see out the window through it. ;-)
Jackson was pretty excited about it. And, one tree in particular he really wanted. So much so that when Jenn and I passed it (as we could practically see right through it) Jackson yelled, 'No no guys! You can't go. Those trees are too small. That's the right one!'
We thought his meltdown was cute so we headed back. I had already conceded to go to another tree place. But, Jackson insisted...and Porter piled on. So, we took it.
I was able to carry it over my shoulder, barely needed two bungies on the car, and was worried the stand screws didnt twist in far enough to keep the twig up.
But, alas... after lights and ornaments, the tree was perfect. The boys really enjoyed turning off the lights and looking at it...Even if we can still see out the window through it. ;-)
Comments