Paci and Potty
This was a big couple of weeks for Porter. He had his first dentist appointment (just turning 3). With Jackson, the dentist was intrumental for getting him to give up pacifiers. We were hoping for the same effect with Porter, since he was pretty addicted. However, they are so different, we were sceptical. However, quite amazingly, it did. After the dentist told Porter, "no more pacis" - he hasn't touched a pacifier since. Amazing
So we also hit him hard with with potty training the same week. I mean, he IS a big boy now. We have spent months and months trying to get Porter to warm up to the idea. He wasn't picking it up, (he knew he had a good thing_). But Jenn worked really hard with him this week, and after a couple days he started to pick it up. A week later, I think we can safely say he's trained.
One of the funny things about the process was he liked to have one of us watch him. So he'd say, "I need to go potty" Then he'd say "Mom (or Dad)! Come watch me." So we'd have to go in and watch him go. We snickered at that.
Nevertheless, September has been a very important month for Porter, and he's well on his way to being a big boy.
So we also hit him hard with with potty training the same week. I mean, he IS a big boy now. We have spent months and months trying to get Porter to warm up to the idea. He wasn't picking it up, (he knew he had a good thing_). But Jenn worked really hard with him this week, and after a couple days he started to pick it up. A week later, I think we can safely say he's trained.
One of the funny things about the process was he liked to have one of us watch him. So he'd say, "I need to go potty" Then he'd say "Mom (or Dad)! Come watch me." So we'd have to go in and watch him go. We snickered at that.
Nevertheless, September has been a very important month for Porter, and he's well on his way to being a big boy.
Comments